Tuesday, July 1, 2008

!!!!Straight Cash Money!!!!!



It's the dog days of Summer. The 4th of July is almost, baseball is nearing the half-way mark, and almost nothing is happening in the NFL. The good news is that the Birds have signed all but two of their draftees. The bad new is that it's Trevor Laws and DeSean Jackson.

There is still plenty of time to get them both signed before training camp opens, so there is no reason to panic. For now.... Both Laws and Jackson should see some significant time this season, if they are ready. Missing training camp over a contract dispute isn't going to help. So my advice to them both is to get their respective deals done ASAP!!!! Then you can spend time on the internet posting rants, and whatever else you may like to do.

Another thing: Eagles Running Backs??? We currently have 7 roster spots filled by running backs. This leaves me with nothing but questions. Is Ryan Moats expendable since we drafted Lorenzo Booker? Why did they acquire Booker? Is it time to part ways with Buckhalter? Who's going to be our fullback?

Yes, I think that Ryan Moats is completely expendable with the aquisition of Booker. Moats has been absent in all aspects of the game. I thought they could have at least used him in the return game last year.

I have no idea, why Lorenzo Booker was brought in. Like Ryan Moats he has been described as a Westbrook style back. However, I don't think that either one could truly fill Westrbrooks role in the offense. I imagine that Booker and Moats will be competing for the same roster spot.

I would have let Buckhalter go at least two years ago, and then sought out a change of pace type back to help shoulder Westbrooks load. A strong in between the tackles runner. I know what you are thinking, Correll is that back, and Andy Reid loves him. Both are valid points. However between the repeated knee injuries, and hands of stone that he displays at times I'm not so sure that he is a good fit.

I got nothing on the fullback position. Maybe they will move Tony Hunt. He's a big guy.


Thoughts, Comments, something??

No comments: