Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"AZ Workouts," is this a blog or an informercial?

While browsing "The Yard" this morning I see that Donovan has a new post up at Channel 5. So naturally I go to check it out. The opening paragraph is about who has joined him and Brian Dawkins in Arizona to workout leading up to training camp. So I am hoping to get some insight on how everyone out there is doing, but the post takes a turn and goes informercial on me.

Donovan proceeds to give a little background on Brett Fischer, Owner and Proprietor of Fischer Sports. Fischer is also the creator of the Ab Dolly, one of those as seen on TV pieces of exercise equipment. The post gave me that feeling that I was watching a comercial to join a health club. I think that it was a misleading. It's his blog, and his perogative to write about what he wants to write about. I hope that he got some sort of compensation for this though.

In a related tanget, I am pleased that L.J, Baskett, Avant, and Booker are working out with McNabb. Booker will certainly benefit from the extra time spent working out with Donovan. I am hoping that L.J will stay healthy this year and return to form of previous years. He is such a great asset to McNabb in the red zone. I think that every receiver should work out with the Quarterback in the offseason. There is a great deal of truth to, "practice makes perfect." Here are some guys that should have been attached to McNabb's hip this offseason: Reggie Brown, Ryan Moats, DeSean Jackson, Kevin Kurtis.

Who would benefit the most from spending the offseason working out with #5?

No comments: