Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Make a believer out of me



I was skeptical of this years incoming receiving class. I was espicially weary of the Eagles using early round draft picks on a receiver. I am totally on the Eagles need a true #1 receiver bandwagon. I have been a propent of acquiring one through free agency or a trade, but not the draft. The Eagles have a handful of guys to develop already, and didn't need to add another to the stable. So needless to say I was apprehensive about the Eagles drafting DeSean Jackson. Not that it's Jackson's fault, but I can't get Fred-X out of my head. However Jackson could be the one to free me from the shackles of previous draft choices at the position.

Dave Spadaro, you caught me, hook, line, and sinker with. "Man, did it ever kick my butt," referring to his first morning practice as an Eagle. If the quotes from this article are any indication of the type of person, and player that DeSean Jackson is, then I will be eating crow. He seems genuine, and dedicated to his craft. Hopefully all of the positive reviews that he has received will continue throughout the rest of training camp, and on through the regular season.

DeSean, I'm pulling for you to make a believer out of me!

Go Birds!!!

1 comment:

The Immortal Silky Johnson said...

Just an update: Brian Westbrook has chosen agent Todd France.