Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I just need to get an 85 on my Eagles Roster



I want Ocho Cinco (Chad Johnson)!!!! He's an amazing talent, and it is my belief that the Eagles need an All-Pro #1 receiver. Mr. Lurie, Coach Reid, do not let Daniel Snyder and the Redksins dominate the off-season free agent market.

The Eagles need a number one receiver, and Chad Johnson would be an ideal candidate to fill that role. He has the athletic ability to stretch the field. He can catch just about anything that is thrown at him. I know, I know, no one needs to point out that we went down that road with Owens, but you cannot argue with the numbers. The Eagles with Owens went to the Super Bowl. Donovan McNabb had a great season. He thew 31 touchdowns to just 8 interceptions. Owens' had caught 14 of those 31. Reggie Brown has not developed into that position, and I am not sure that he will (at least not as an Eagle). Kevin Curtis is great receiver, but not a #1.

Big Receivers make an even bigger impact. It's no secret. In what some would consider an off season, Johnson pulled in 93 receptions for 1440 yards (15.5 yards per catch) , and 8 touchdowns. So, I beg you Eagles player personnel, go out and get Johnson.

1 comment:

Cotter said...

You think Harold Carmichael is too old to put on some pads?