Friday, August 15, 2008

Quick Recap

I missed most of last nights preseason game against the Carolina Panthers, because I was playing a stormy round of golf. However I di. Here are somdn't miss a whole lot. Here are just a few observations on Kevin, Kolb, Tony Hunt, and DeSean Jackson from last night.

1.Kevin Kolb didn't look very good in the game against the Steelers, nor did he look very good last night either. However, Kevin did showcase a little of his machismo! Late in the game the Panthers middle linebacker came uncontested right down the middle, and barrelled into Kolb, but he put the ball right on the money. Unfortunately Hank Baskett wasn't ready to make the catch. He stood there knowing he was going to get hit, and made an excellent throw. Then in the fourth quarter Kevin Kolb hit Greg Lewis for a thirty yard TD strike. It was a perfectly thrown ball. I'm still not sure that he should be the second string guy yet, but I'm not the coach.

2.Tony Hunt can take it to the house. Last night in the fourth quarter the former Penn State standout took a hand off to the right side, busted into the secondary, then took back across th field, and in for 6. I was watched this in complete aww. I have heard very little about Hunt, but the little that I have heard hasn't been promising. If this is any indication of his potential, I could see him being Buckhalter's replacement.

3.Last, but not least is Mr. Jackson. Apparently the rookie prospect played the entire game, and the radio, and tv commentators had nothing but positive things to say about our 2nd round draft pick. He continues to win me over, more and more.

I caught the highlights of the fake field goal this morning. Thank god it was a preseason game.

No comments: