Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let's get this party started right



Labor Day has come and gone, and the 2008 NFL season is within our sights, kicking off Thursday night. Then the Eagles will host the Rams on Sunday. Like most of you, I'm so stoked for the season to get under way.

Here are today's points of interest:

It's appropriate, and ironical that Jerome McDougle is a Giant, but we got a tank that hates Dallas. Which is nice! So, I used to call for Jerome McDougle's release. Especially after he wracked up a 30-yard penalty in game against the Bucs. I was livid when that happened, and adding to the fire, the Eagles lost that game. However, he turned over a new leaf this preseason, but it wasn't enough to keep him around. Now, Jerome is a member of the Giants. I'm not sure if there any numbers to back it up this claim, but the NFC East seems to pass the same guys around from team to team. Case in point: Tank Daniels. A former Eagle who won a Super Bowl ring in NY is once again, an Eagle.

Random thought: Why does the value of a player increase if they have won a Super Bowl? I'm not talking about a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Jerry Rice. I'm talking about the Rocky Boiman's, the Dan Glecko's, and the Tank Daniels' of the NFL. The guys that aren't super stars, but are contributors. If a guy is an OK linebacker, a great special teamer, and good locker room guy, isn't that enough to be interested in signing them. I guess that it's the NFL's equivalent to resume filler.

Lito Sheppard, with the help of Rosenhaus are taking it to the media. The cornerback saga has been a giant cluster F*$#% from the very beginning. Personally, I'm not that concerned about his "me" comments. He needs to be playing for himself, in order to get out of Philly, or get a new deal. Until then, stay tuned for more on the circus.

Eagle fan's suffer from 5 day hangovers. Matt Mosley, of ESPN considers us to be the fourth best fanbase in all the land. I think that it was a fare assessment, and that we are in good company. I love the Eagles, and I can't wait to be in the parking lot this coming Sunday to bask in the best of times.

I must apologize to Tony Hunt. Sorry, Tony. There, Now lets move on.

GO BIRDS!!!

No comments: