Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Eagles vs. Steelers: A Battle for PA.


Two cities, Two blogs,
Two friends, One game. The winner retains some quasi-bragging rights over the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Bio: The voice of reason and Pittsburgh sports happens to the Chief and Editor of One For The Other Thumb, but most importantly is the fact the he's one of my best friends. He simply goes by the name Cotter (No Welcome Back jokes tolerated). We've decided to put on a little show here in light of the Steelers vs. Eagles week 3 matchup. We gave each other 5 questions. What you have below "Are the non-sensical ramblings of a man obsessed with the Pittsburgh Steelers, The Big Lebowski, and Lager...."
On with the show......

1. There have been numbering reports about Benny from the Block's shoulder injury (Sprained vs. Separated). Worst case scenario, how would this injury effect Sunday's game with the Eagles?

Whatever, man. Ben’s always nursing something. A shoulder, a knee, a concussion, a scorching case of herpes. I mean, he knows how to play through pain. Plus, we don’t ask him to throw too many bombs, especially when our deep threat San Antonio is also ailing. So I don’t think it’s going to have a huge impact. That said, it’s never good when your QB’s shoulder is sore during the 3rd week of the season. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little worried.

Oh and here’s your answer for #2 -

2.Scenario: You are a super hot chick in Pittsburgh, and you are looking to have some FUN (FUN=SEX). Who would make the better lover? Mike Tomlin, Dick LeBeau or Jeff Reed
I don't know. That sounds like a question for Domski. Personal reference and all...

3. So far the Steelers are 2 - 0, and the pregame show that you and Tecmo broadcast doesn't have a name. Coincidence, or good luck charm of for the 2008 campaign?

Now that you point it out, I’m gonna have to say - “good luck charm.” Two shows, two W’s. I’m a superstitious person. So it’s only natural I’d feel that way. I mean, our inconsequential 5 minute YouTube show probably doesn’t have much impact on the Steelers karmic state of affairs. But there’s a reason I wear the same exact clothes to watch every single Steelers game. Why would this be any different? Why mess with a good thing? And I use the term, “good” very loosely...

4. Who's the most indispensable player in the Steeler's defense, and Why?

Man, that’s a really tough question. I mean how does one evaluate indispensability? Speed? Toughness? Tackling ability? Four-square prowess? I guess I’d have to say Casey Hampton. It’s no secret that Big Snack is my favorite Steeler. And he’s most indispensable because without his ability to tie up two Offensive Lineman, most of the Steelers blitzes wouldn’t work nearly as well. There’s a reason why the Steelers picked him in the first round of the ‘01 draft – he’s a monster. 6’1,” 340/350. He eats Centers and Guards for lunch...hence the clever name. Plus, it is my professional opinion that he’d win the NFL Big Man Dance Challenge, hands down (link to - http://images.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/drunkcaseyhampton.jpg). Warren Sapp, who?

5. Steeler fans travel well all over the country. You have a significant number of fans located throughout the country too. If the Steelers are in town you are sure to see a plethora of terrible towels at the game. Shouldn't your shear numbers and terrible towels protect you from the "Roman Mob" that is Philadelphia?

Not even Chuck Norris could protect us from the Killadelphia “Roman Mobb” (whatever that means). Come on, man. I know how this works. Every Steeler jersey they see is going to draw not only boos, but also off color statements about injured players, cleverly calling Pittsburgh - “Shittsburgh,” and since there’s no snow yet, probably plastic bottles full of piss (fingers crossed that no one gets entrepreneurial and tries glass). I kid, I kid...well, kind of. In all seriousness, I’m sure there will be plenty of Black & Gold representatives at the game. Let’s just hope we can all treat each other with respect. If not, I’ve instructed Matt to bring an industrial strength taser for crowd control.
And there you have it. What makes a displaced Steelers fan tick. For those who may read this, and wonder what was meant by "The Roman Mob that is Philadelphia" I am referring to Veteran Stadium, and the inhabitants of the 700 Level. It bares a striking resemblence to the Roman Coliseum
"Are you not entertained? Isn't that why you are here?" For more adventures, go here.
Thanks is in order to my life long friend Cotter. His portrayal of the Immortal Silky Johnson are shockingly accurate. Here's to you my friend. I know you're not drinking!
GO BIRDS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Cotter said...

Cotter reporting in...not drinking.